Asbestos can still be found in any industrial or residential property that was built or refurbished before 2000. While we specialise in roofing installations across Nottingham, East Midlands Roofing Solutions can also remove asbestos from your building.
For many years asbestos was one of the most common materials used in the building trade, and its removal should only be undertaken by trained contractors such as ourselves.
In this post, we will detail, all of the requirements for safely removing asbestos.
Our Duty When Managing Asbestos
Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 details how the ‘duty holder’ should manage asbestos. Here is a brief breakdown –
- Take reasonable steps to find out if there are materials containing asbestos in non-domestic premises, and if there is find out where it is and its condition
- Presume materials contain asbestos unless there is strong evidence they do not
- Make and keep up-to-date a record of the location and condition of the asbestos, containing materials or materials that are presumed to contain asbestos
- Assess the risk of anyone that has been exposed to fibres from the materials identified
- Put together a plan that sets out in details how the risk from these materials will be managed
- Take the necessary steps to put this plan into action
- The plan will need to be reviewed and monitored periodically with arrangements to act if the plan remains relevant and up-to-date
- Provide information on the location and condition of the materials to anyone who could around this area or disturb it
There is also a requirement on others to co-operate as much as possible to allow the dutyholder to comply with the requirements listed above.
Talk to Us About Asbestos Removal
If you own a build that requires asbestos removal, get in touch with East Midlands Roofing Solutions and we will be able to help.
Other services we offer include flat roof installations, fascias and soffits plus any roofing repairs.